Are you thinking about taking on a role as a CIA agent? If so, you may be excited to learn about how much money you could earn in this profession. The charts in this article show CIA salary levels based on a variety of factors, including location, job experience, and certification. Read on to see what you could be making in the future.
CIA Salary by Years of Experience
As you progress through your career as a CIA agent, you will see an improvement in your pay scale. The chart below explains how your CIA agent salary may transition throughout your profession.
- Grade 1, Step 1 – 10: $17,803 – $22,269
- Grade 5, Step 1 – 10: $27,431 – $35,657
- Grade 10, Step 1 – 10: $45,771 – $59,505
- Grade 15, Step 1 – 10: $99,628 – $129,517
CIA Salary by Location
Where do you see yourself working as a CIA agent? The chart below will show you which parts of the country may lead to the best CIA salary for you.
- California: $22,638 up to $155,500 per year
- Maryland: $132,000 per year
- Florida: $21,504 up to $155,500 per year
- Pennsylvania: $20,717 up to $150,719 per year
- North Virginia: $22,115 up to $155,500 per year
- North Carolina, District of Columbia: $20,943 up to $152,364 per year
- New York: $22,916 up to $155,500 per year
- Central Intelligence Agency, “Citing Websites.” Pay and Leave. Effective date: January 2012. U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice. http://www1.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2012/general-schedule/ (Visited February 11, 2013)
- Central Intelligence Agency, “Citing Websites.” CIA Vision, Mission, & Values . Effective date: January 2012. U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice. https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/cia-vision-mission-values/index.html (Visited February 11, 2013)
- Central Intelligence Agency, “Citing Websites.” About CIA . Effective date: January 2012. U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice. https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/index.html (Visited February 11, 2013)
- Central Intelligence Agency, “Citing Websites.” Today’s CIA . Effective date: January 2012. U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice. https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/todays-cia/what-we-do/index.html (Visited February 11, 2013)
Popular Schools and Recommended Degrees
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University now enrolls more than 90,000 students from around the world in its thriving online program. Currently, Liberty University Online has the highest retention and graduation rates of any leading online university.
Everest University Online offers programs in criminal justice, homeland security, business administration, paralegal and many more. With Everest University, you will benefit from career-focused education, distinguished faculty, flexible class schedules, student support and career placement services.
Now knowledge is everywhere, for everyone, making earning your college degree a real possibility. Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University, and earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree you've always wanted. Your Ashford University experience provides:
Colorado Technical University
Colorado Technical University is an excellent university that prides itself in the support, flexibility and resources it offers its students. Students that attend this school learn all the skills they need to be competitive in the job market.